01 November 2011

November: Rabbit-rabbit

It's the first day of November and I still can't quite figure out how October went by so quickly.

Most people are scurrying over to the NaNoWriMo site to start typing the first of the 1 billion words that they've promised to write each day this month. I've made a much small goal of getting in 1000 words a day. I hate to say it, but with the drafting that I do for my job and writing my blog, that won't be too hard. I am going to try to focus them on a story I've been meaning/needing to finish for a while now. We'll see how that works out.

I've got a few Book Challenge updates (since I'm absolute pants at doing it when I actually finish books).

I recently finished The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum. I've never read any of Baum's books before. I had only seen the movie of The Wizard of Oz. I decided to start listening to the audio books of the entire series (which are public domain and therefore free, by the way). I'm now listening to The Marvelous Land of Oz. It's not your typical YA series. Given when it was written, it's interestingly imaginative, but also strangely mundane. They would never be published today, but I love the platform that they've given Gregory Maguire to run with. It's great to see all of the details Maguire picks up from the different Oz stories - they make for great inclusions in his version of the story. (If you can't tell, I'm also reading Wicked again.)

I also kinda cheated and reread one of the books that I've already read this year. I couldn't help it and it won't count toward my overall goal.

Also, I officially got my job today!

So... have you made the crazy decision to become obsessed dedicate your November to NaNoWriMo?

Leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!