28 November 2011

Not your usual post, not your usual potatoes

I know I've never really done food on this site, but hey - I love LOVE love to cook, so it was really only a matter of time. 


So... I think I might be breaking the unspoken rule of blogging about food: I have not made this recipe yet. BUT it is a recipe that I have wanted to make since the moment I read it. I was silly enough to sign up for that Gojee app on Google Chrome. It doesn't always have recipes to my taste. I might get one every week or two that looks interesting, but I saw this one and couldn't pass up looking at it.


 My husband and I eat vinegar potatoes a lot, but I have never thought of boiling them in the vinegar without water. It sounds intense. In fact, the blogger from which I got this recipe flat out says they're pretty intense. This recipe originally comes from Martha Stuart.


Salt and Vinegar Broiled Fingerling Potatoes

Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, June, 2009
-serves 4-
Ingredients
1 pound fingerling potatoes, sliced lengthwise to 1/4-inch thickness*
2 cups white vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Method
1. In a small pot, combine the potato slices and vinegar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool in liquid for 30 minutes. Then drain well and pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches below the heat source. Dump the potato slices onto a sheet pan, sprinkle very generously with olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer. Broil until lightly browned on top, about 7 minutes. Then flip the slices and broil until the underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm.

I'll be trying this out this week. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!